pregnant women & parturients
pregnant women who are less than 35 weeks into pregnancy are transported as common passengers.
on consideration of safety concerns, we do not offer air service for the following passengers and we suggest you choose another means of transport:
(1) pregnant women 35 weeks (included) into pregnancy.
(2) pregnant women whose due day is in 4 weeks or less.
(3) pregnant women who are close to their due day though the exact date is unclear and already know that they are pregnant with multiplets or are estimated to come down with labor complications.
(4) those who had just given birth less than 7 days ago
we offer air services to infants who are at least 14 days old or premature infant who are at least 90 days old as of the day their trip start.
infants who are at least 14 days but less than 2 years old should be accompanied by an adult travel partner who鈥檚 18 years old or above while travelling by air.
each adult passenger is allowed to bring one infant who鈥檚 entitled to infant ticket price only. if you are travelling with two or more infants, you may buy ticket for one of them at infant ticket price and the rest only get children ticket price (domestic flights) and they can get their own seats. the maximum number of minors you get to bring is one infant and two children, or three children in total.
1. you may take a pushchair or bassinet with you. you may even take a baby stroller into the cabin and put it on the baggage rack as long as it鈥檚 not larger than 20*40*1375px and weighs 5 kg or less. however, it may only be shipped as checked baggage if it鈥檚 larger than 20*40*1375px or heavier than 5kg.
2. the free baggage allowance for infants flying piece rate route is 1 piece (23 kg or less, sum of length, width and height no greater than 2875px/45in). the free baggage allowance for weight rate route is 10kg.
3. in order to offer your baby a comfortable and safe journey, we鈥檒l put you and your baby in seats where there are oxygen masks above.
4. we also have baby safety belts just so your baby could have a comfortable and safe journey.
5. we have boiled water that you may use to make powered milk.
we provide children at least 5 years but less than 12 years old with services designed for unaccompanied children on our flights (including domestic, international and regional non-stop flights) throughout the course.
we don鈥檛 provide such help for children under the age of 5 and deaf-mute/blind children under the age of 16 out of concerns of their safety. we also do not offer transit service for unaccompanied children on connecting flights run by shandong airlines and other airline company.
if you鈥檝e got a child who鈥檚 over 12 but under 18 and planning to travel alone, you may apply for paid services designed for unaccompanied children by yourself.
in order to ensure a safe journey, only a limited number of unaccompanied child service products are available. contact us in advance should you need any and we鈥檒l be happy to serve you.
in order to offer your child a safe and smooth journey, your child should carry valid identity document that鈥檚 the same as the one used to buy his or her ticket, and a special passenger鈥檚 flying application. you should also finish checking in ahead of schedule and not leave the airport before take-off.
1. we鈥檒l assign ground service staff to help you with all check-in, customs, security check and baggage check-in formalities, accompany your kids when they are waiting for the flight and take care of relevant documents.
2. after boarding, our ground service staff will hand relevant materials along with your kids to cabin attendants in person, who will take over the job of taking care of your kids from then on and make sure that your kids have a pleasant journey.
3. in the event of flight delay, our staff will look after your kids and at the same time inform you of the situation. if your kids鈥?flight gets cancelled, we鈥檒l reach you in time and send them back to you safely.
4. after the flight arrives at its destination, our ground service staff will pick up your kids and take them to people who are supposed to pick them up at the airport after verifying their information.
passengers carrying small animals
small animals refer to domestic dogs and cats (flat-nosed canines, flat-nosed felines, pitbulls and canines that are sensitive to high temperature and high altitude are not suitable for air transport). wild animals and animals in strange form or are apt to injure people, such as snakes, do not fall in to the category of small animal.
checked animals must come with valid documents such as animal quarantine certificate and meet relevant countries鈥?provisions on the entry, exit and transit of small animals during the transportation process.
small animals may not be directly taken into the cabin. they may only be kept in the cargo bay as checked baggage.
see page for specific conditions.
锛?锛塛heelchair service on ground
in order to make sure that we provide you with the services that you need, our staff would like to know that: whether you can walk on your own without any help, how long a distance you can walk, and whether you can get into the cabin and walk to your seat without any help.
we keep wheelchair service on ground at every port so that you may use them when you need help move between the airport terminal, packing apron and airplane. should you need to book such service, please contact us or our designated sales agent 24 hours (included) before take-off.
锛?锛塒assenger who needs to check his or her electric wheelchair
since there鈥檚 no room for wheelchairs in the cabin, you鈥檒l need to check the one you take on the trip. please contact us or our designated sales agent 24 hours (included) before take-off if you are travelling with an electric wheelchair.
in order to protect the rights and interest of passengers with legitimate needs, we won鈥檛 spare room for electric wheelchairs brought by able-bodied passengers.
capacity constraints for lithium battery-powered wheelchair
according to relevant provisions on air transport of hazardous items, if you are travelling with a lithium battery-powered wheelchair, the rated capacity of your wheelchair鈥檚 battery may not be greater than 300wh. if it鈥檚 powered by two batteries, the rated capacity of either battery may not be greater than 160wh. and you may also take a spare battery whose rated capacity is no greater than 300wh or two spare batteries whose rated capacity is no greater than 160wh each. lithium batteries should be carried by passengers themselves and won鈥檛 be shipped if they exceed the allowable capacity.
electric wheelchairs are not counted towards your free baggage allowance and can ship it for you for free provided that you only have one wheelchair to check in.
handicapped passenger who needs assistance flying
in order to make your trip easier and provide you with necessary care, we suggest that onboard wheelchair-using passenger to travel in the company of your family or medical staff.
under the circumstances that your conditions are suitable for flying except for walking, and that you need help get into the cabin and your seat, we provide passengers who can鈥檛 walk with on-board wheelchair services on certain routes so that you may use them on the aisle in the cabin. the number of on-board wheelchair available is subject to the limit set in air transport regulations for the handicapped by caac.
1. should you need to book such service, please contact us or our designated sales agent 48 hours (included) before take-off so that we could arrange it for you.
2. while flying in the air, we鈥檒l help you put away or get your carry-on for you if you need anything and give us a shout; we鈥檒l also help you get ready for your meal.
锛?锛塒assenger travelling with a service dog
we provide services to handicapped passengers鈥?service dogs (including guide dog, hearing dog and other assistance dog) that are specially trained to help the handicapped with both their life and work. the services available are subject to the limit set in air transport regulations for the handicapped by caac.
handicapped passenger over 16 years old may fly alone with a service dog.
please show us the id and vaccination certificate of your service dog while buying tickets and checking in so for a smooth flight. and please arrive at the airport with your service dog at least 120 minutes before the expected time of departure to check in.
please put a work shirt on your dog and keep it on a leash while flying.
if you agree to have your service dog checked, we may check it for free along with its cage and food following the transport procedure for small animals and we won鈥檛 count the extra weight towards your free baggage allowance.
1. if you are travelling with a service dog, please contact us or our sales agent at least 48 hours (included) before take-off.
2. you own ticket is not restricted by ticket price and you are entitled to all sorts of special prices like average passengers. in the meanwhile, you also don鈥檛 need to pay extra fees for the service dog you bring along.
3. we鈥檒l try to put you in a window seat where there鈥檚 more leg room, though it won鈥檛 be the one by the emergency exit. and if the flight is not fully booked, we鈥檒l try our best to leave the seat next to you unseated.
4. while flying in the air, we鈥檒l help you put away or get your carry-on for you if you need anything and give us a shout; we鈥檒l also help you get in and out of your seat, get ready for your meal, and go to and from the bathroom.
锛?锛塀lind passengers who are travelling alone
we can provide blind passengers who are travelling alone with necessary guide and assisted-service so they can have a smooth journey. the services available are subject to the limit set in air transport regulations for the handicappedby caac.
blind passenger under 16 must be accompanied by adult while flying out of safety concerns.
1. if you are travelling alone, please contact us or our sales agent at least 24 hours (included) before take-off.
2. please arrive at the airport at least 120 minutes before the expected time of departure to check in at our counter for a smooth flight.
3. while flying in the air, we鈥檒l explain to your our flying instructions separately, help you put away or get your carry-on for you if you need anything and give us a shout; we鈥檒l also help you get in and out of your seat, get ready for your meal, and go to and from the bathroom.
锛?锛塒assengers with intellectual disability or mental disorder
in order to make your trip easier and provide you with necessary care, we suggest that you travel in the company of your family or medical staff.
to be on the safe side, if passengers with intellectual disability or mental disorder would pose any threat to other passenger or the flight鈥檚 safety, we may refuse to serve such passengers.
if you are travelling alone, please contact us or our sales agent at least 24 hours (included) before take-off.
other passengers with special needs
锛?锛塒assenger on a stretcher
if you are unable to sit in your seat erect during the whole flight from take-off to landing, you may apply to us for stretcher service.
in order to ensure your safety during the journey, please travel in the company of an adult passenger over 18 or a medical staff
every flight can only take one passenger on a stretcher. our stretcher will be kept in economy class.
please arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the check-in deadline to check in for a smooth flight.
passenger who needs a stretcher must show a certificate provided by a county-level medical establishment of above that鈥檚 recognized by shandong airlines that says the passenger鈥檚 condition is suitable for travelling by air. the issue date of such medical certificate should be not be earlier than 96 hours before the earliest date of flight.
applicable ticket price & taxes
you need to pay corresponding fee for the seat occupied by the stretcher, please consult our staff for applicable ticket price and taxes.
1. please submit an application to us or our authorized sales agent at least 72 hours before take-off should you intend to book stretcher service.
2. stetcher-using passenger鈥檚 free baggage allowance
the free baggage allowance for stretcher-using passengers flying weight rate route is 60kg, and the length, width and height of each piece of baggage should be no greater than 2500px, 1500px and 1000px, respectively; the free baggage allowance for piece rate route is 3 pieces, each may not weigh more than 23kg, and the sum of each piece of baggage鈥檚 length, width and height should be no greater than 3950px.
锛?锛塒assenger with hearing, speaking impairment
deaf-mute passenger under 16 must be accompanied by adult while flying out of safety concerns.
please arrive at the airport at least 120 minutes before the expected time of departure to check in at our counter for a smooth flight.
1. please contact us or our authorized sales agent at least 24 hours before take-off should you need to book such service.
2. we may provide deaf-mute passenger who鈥檚 travelling alone with necessary guide and assistance for free on the ground.
3. we provide written communication services throughout the whole journey in the air, including the location of and directions for emergency facilities (life jacket, oxygen mask, etc.) as well as the direction of emergency exits, directions for service facilities, food and beverage served as well as details of the air route and important broadcast contents.
锛?锛塒assengers with injuries
since airplanes fly at high altitudes where there鈥檚 relatively less oxygen and lower atmospheric pressure, many conditions do not allow people to travel by air. should you intend to do so when you are suffering from any sort of disease, we suggest that you consult your doctor in charge first.
we may inquire about your condition out of safety concerns and provide corresponding services based on your condition, or ask you for a medical certificate that says your condition is suitable for flying, or come up with the decision of refusing to carry you by air.
please contact us or our authorized sales agent at least 24 hours before take-off should you need to book such service.
锛?锛塐po personnel carrying donated human organ
if you are an employee from organ procurement organization (opo for short) who needs to transfer donated human organ by air, we鈥檒l provide you with our dedicated service as an airline company who successfully shipped the very first donated human organ in china.
please submit an application to us before your flight鈥檚 expected time of departure to inform us your flight information as well as type, packing size, hazardous articles involved of the donated organ and so on.
you need to carry both the original and photocopy of transplantation center鈥檚 acknowledgement of organ receipt to show us the legitimate source, purpose, contact name and number and so forth of the organ transported.
a label that says 鈥淭ransportation of human organ only鈥?should be put on a marked position of the container that used to carry the donated organ; you need to book cbbg service in advance if the container is bigger than the size of carry-on we allow; you should tend the special container that you brought into the cabin yourself during the transport process.
our ground-service agent, airport administration, the air traffic administration and we will join force to open up a green channel for you and provide you with special services.
please call shandong airlines鈥?customer service hotline for further information: 95369