the latest update as of [january 14, 2020]
1.how we collect and use your personal information
3.how we share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information
4.how we protect and save your personal information
5. your rights
7.how to contact us
please be sure to read and understand this policy thoroughly before you use shandong airlines products or services. starting the use of shandong airlines products or services means that you have fully understood and agreed with this policy. should you have any question, comment or suggestion on the content of this policy, please contact us via multiple methods such as calling shandong airlines customer service at 95369, or sending an email to [email protected]
onehow we collect and use your personal information
personal information refers to all kinds of information recorded in electronic or other ways that can identify, either alone or in combination with other information, the identity of a specific natural person or reflect the activity of a specific natural person.
personal sensitive information refers to the personal information that, if leaked, illegally provided or abused, may endanger personal and property safety, and could easily lead to personal reputation damage, physical and mental health injuries or discriminatory treatment.
the anonymized information refers to those that cannot identify personal information subjects through technical processing and cannot be recovered after such processing. the anonymized information does not belong to personal information.
other information that cannot identify a specific natural person or reflect the activity of a specific natural person does not belong to personal information.
we will collect and use your personal information for the following purposes described herein:
(one) situations in which you shall authorize us to collect and use your personal information
our products and / or services include some core functions that are necessary for the booking of seats, the purchase of tickets, the transportation of passengers, the providing of information services, the improvement of our products and / or services and the security of transactions. in order to achieve these functions, we may collect, save and use the following information about you. if the relevant information is unavailable, you cannot enjoy the products and / or services provided by us. these functions include:
1.provide seats booking and tickets purchase services to you
in order to complete seats booking and tickets purchase, you need to provide the following information: name, gender, nationality, birthday, valid travel certificate type, certificate number, certificate validity period, certificate issuing country and contact phone number. in order to complete your payment and ticket issuance, you may be required to provide the following payment information based on the payment method you choose: credit / debit card number, expiration date, cvv, billing address, cardholder name, the mobile phone number reserved in the bank, certificate type and certificate number. the above payment information is used for the current payment only and will not be retained outside your device.
we are continuously authorized to use the above information provided by you during your use of this service. when you cancel your account, we will stop using and delete the above information.
2. provide passengers and luggage transportation services to you
to ensure a smooth travel, you should reserve enough time to go through the check-in formalities. when you go through the check-in formalities at the airport, we need to check your valid travel certificate and confirm whether it is the same information you used when purchasing the ticket. in some cases, you will also need to provide payment information such as the credit card used to purchase the ticket for verification.
if you choose to use the self-service check-in provided by us, you need to 1) log in your account in advance for self-service check-in; or 2) in a log off state, provide your flight ticket number or travel certificate number when booking the flight as well as your name for self-service check-in. during the check-in process, we may require you to provide or verify your travel certificate information and contact number, including name, gender, nationality, birthday, certificate number, certificate validity period, and certificate issuing country.
3. help you become our member
to help you become our member and enjoy our membership services, you need to provide your last name, first name, gender, contact phone number, certificate type, certificate number, email address, and password, and we will provide you with the member account of 鈥淪handong airlines official website鈥?/ or the member account of 鈥淶hangshangfei鈥?/ or the membership card number of 鈥淧hoenix miles鈥? if you only need basic services such as basic browsing, searching for air tickets, and purchasing additional services, you do not need to register as our member nor provide the above information.
in some processes, additional information has to be provided so that we can handle your registration and subsequent processes, such as real-name authentication. the information includes your face photo and bank card information. in order to save you from data entering, we will extract some information directly from the application form or in the processing process, including your identity card number, mobile phone number, name, etc. however, if you do not provide such information, your use of personalized membership services will be affected. but the basic browsing, air tickets searching and additional services purchasing of shandong airlines products or services will not be affected.
when you actively cancel your account, we will make your personal information anonymous or delete it as soon as possible in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
4. provide special services and additional services to you
if you need to apply for special services such as unaccompanied children, we may, based on the type of service you apply for, ask you to provide additional personal information, such as the name of the pick-up / send-off person, contact phone number, certificate number, and postal address, etc.
we are continuously authorized to use the above information provided by you during your use of this service.
5. customer service and after-sales functions
our phone customer service and after-sales functions will access to your account information and order information.
to ensure your account security, our call center customer service and online customer service will access to your account information to verify your identity with you. when you need our customer service and after-sales service related to your order information, we will check your order information. you may be required to provide information other than those in the above when communicating with our customer service personnel, such as the ip address when you ask us to change the delivery address, contact person, contact phone number or help you verify the problem.
6. functions necessary to ensure transaction security
in order to improve the system security when you use our products and / or services, to more accurately prevent phishing website fraud and to protect your account security, we may learn about your browsing information, order information, your commonly used software information, device information and other methods to judge your account risk; we will also collect your device information to analyze the problem of shandong airlines system, count traffic and troubleshoot possible risks when you send us abnormal information.
(two) the situation in which you could choose whether to authorize us to collect and use your personal information or not
to upgrade your service experience, your personal information may be collected and used in our additional functions as below. if you do not provide the personal information, the basic functions such as seats booking and tickets purchase are still available to you, but you may need to fill in some information repeatedly. these additional functions include:
1. a personalized recommendation function based on location information: to get rough location and precise location for acquiring the user鈥檚 airport position.
2. an additional function based on the webcam (camera): we access to your camera for enabling you to use the camera to scan code, shoot, conduct real-name authentication, participate in marketing activities, upload custom head portrait, or upload refund vouchers.
3. an additional function based on picture upload: we access to your photo album for helping you to retrieve and upload photos, pictures or videos from your mobile phone, easily change your head portrait or prove the problem you encountered when communicating with online customer service.
4. an additional function based on voice technology: we access to your microphone for enabling you to query flight by voice.
5. an additional function based on contact book information: we access to your contact book for enabling you to conveniently acquire your contact information when purchasing tickets instead of manually entering such information.
6. convenient service based on making calls: we obtain the right to make calls for enabling you to conveniently dial customer service hotline instead of manually entering such number.
the above additional functions may require you to open the access authorization of your location (location information), webcam (camera), photo album (picture gallery), microphone, contact book, and call to us on your device so as to collect and use the information involved in these functions. you can decide to turn these authorizations on or off at any time (we will guide you through the setup in your device system). please note that turning on these authorizations means that you authorize us to collect and use the personal information to achieve the above functions, and turning off authorizations signifies that you cancel these authorizations and we will no longer continue to collect and use your personal information. in such case, we cannot provide you with the functions described above corresponding to these authorizations. the close of your authorizations will not affect the processing of personal information previously based on your authorization.
(three) exceptions that obtain authorization consent
according to relevant laws and regulations, it is not necessary to obtain your authorization for collecting your personal information in the following situations:
1. related to national security and national defense security;
2. related to public security, public health, and major public interests;
3. related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and judgment enforcement;
4. for the purpose of safeguarding the life, property and other major legitimate rights and interests of personal information subjects or other individuals, but it is difficult to obtain your consent.
5. the collected personal information is disclosed to the public by yourself;
6. the personal information is collected from the information that is disclosed legally and publicly, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
7. necessary for signing a contract according to your requirements;
8. necessary for maintaining the safe and stable operation of the products or services provided by us, such as finding and disposing failures of product or services;
9. necessary for legal news reporting;
10. necessary for academic research institutions to carry out statistics or academic research in the interests of the public. and the personal information contained in the results will be de-identified when the results of academic research are provided or described to the public,.
11. other situations required by laws and regulations.
if we cease to operate shandong airlines鈥?products or services, we will stop the collection of your personal information in a timely manner, notify the notice of stopping operation to you through one by one delivery or announcement, and delete or anonymize the personal information we hold.
(four) the situation in which we obtain your personal information from a third party
(five) rules for the use of your personal information
in order to implement our product and / or service functions, we will use the personal information we collect in accordance with the provisions hereof. please note that during your use of our products and / or services, we are continuously authorized to use all the personal information you provide when using our products and / or services, or the sensitive personal information collected based on your consent, unless you delete, revoke your consent or refuse our collection through system settings. when you revoke your consent or cancel your account, we will stop using and delete your personal information.
we will make statistics on the use of our products and / or services, and may share these statistics with the public or third parties to display the overall use trend of our products and / or services. but these statistics do not contain any of your identification information.
when displaying your personal information, we will desensitize your information by using content replacement and anonymous processing methods to protect your information security.
if we intend to use your personal information for other purposes not described herein, or we intend to use the information which is collected for a specific purpose for other purposes, we will ask your consent in advance through a voluntary check box.
when you use our website, we may collect tracking information, such as your browser type, operating system type, internet service provider name, and the pages you visit on our website. shandong airlines uses a variety of technologies to obtain this type of information, including cookies and webbeacons, to improve the functionality and usability of our website and make our website, products and services better meet your needs. we also use this information to confirm whether the visitor is eligible to make service requests and to aggregate website activity data.
this website adopts two types of digital cookies, one is temporary digital cookies which will be kept in the browser鈥檚 digital cookies folder during your browsing of the website; the other is continuous digital cookies which will be maintained in the browser for a long time (the specific time depends on the life of the digital cookies file). most browsers allow visitors to choose accepting digital cookies, rejecting digital cookies, or notifying visitors every time once digital cookies are sent. you could choose to reject digital cookies by adjusting your browser鈥檚 settings, but for shandong airlines website and other large websites that use digital cookies, this will limit visitors鈥?use of these sites鈥?unique functions.
when a user opens a web page containing a web beacon, the web beacon and the digital cookies will jointly record the user鈥檚 simple operations. when a user鈥檚 browser requests information from a website in this way, it can also collect some simple information, such as your computer鈥檚 ip address, the time and content of the user鈥檚 web page, the type of browser the user uses, and the digital cookies previously set by the server, etc. such information is accessible on any web server you visit. web beacons do not disclose any 鈥渁dditional鈥?information and simply serve as the easiest method to collect statistics and manage digital cookies. web beacons can be disabled (the same way as you disable digital cookies).
threehow we share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information
we will not share your personal information with any company, organization or individual other than shandong airlines, except in the following situations:
1. share information under explicit consent: after obtaining your explicit consent, we will share your personal information with other parties. if required by law, we will notify it to you for obtaining your explicit consent before sharing sensitive information.
2. share information under legal situations: we may share your personal information externally in accordance with laws and regulations, the need for litigation and dispute resolution, or as legally required by administrative and judicial authorities.
3. api (advanced passenger information): more and more destination countries require the flights flying to their territory to provide them with advance passenger information before landing. generally speaking, such laws and regulations require airlines to provide information such as passenger identity and travel certificates (passport, visas). airlines have to collect these data within a short period of time before the plane takes off, and this collection process is increasingly completed by a technology called 鈥渕achine-readable zone鈥?used in a new type of travel certificate. these data are collected solely for instant transmission to the authorities of the destination country, and the airline will not use such data beyond this purpose, nor will it be retained after your trip.
currently, our authorized partners include the following:
we will not transfer your personal information to any company, organization, or individual, except as follows:
1. transfer information under explicit consent: after obtaining your explicit consent, we will transfer your personal information to other parties. if required by law, we will notify it to you for obtaining your explicit consent before transferring sensitive information.
2. in case of merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation of service providers, or other situations involving merger, acquisition or bankruptcy liquidation, if personal information transfer is involved, we will require new companies and organizations holding your personal information to continue to be bound by this policy, otherwise we will require the companies, organizations and individuals to ask you for authorization consent again.
(three) public disclosure
we disclose your personal information publicly only in the following situations:
1. we may disclose your personal information publicly under your explicit consent or based on your initiative choice.
2. where your personal information is required to be provided in accordance with laws, regulations, mandatory administrative enforcement or judicial requirements, we may publicly disclose your personal information according to the required disclosure type and method. subject to laws and regulations, when we receive the above request for information disclosure, we will require the corresponding legal documents, such as subpoenas or investigation letters. we firmly believe that the information we ask for should be as transparent as possible to the extent permitted by law. all requests are carefully reviewed to ensure that they have a legitimate basis and are limited to data that law enforcement agencies have legal rights to obtain for specific investigation purposes.
(four) exceptions that obtain authorization consent before sharing, transferring, or publicly disclosing personal information
in the following situations, your prior consent is not needed for sharing, transferring, and publicly disclosing your personal information:
1. related to national security and national defense security;
2. related to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
3. related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and judgment enforcement;
4. for the purpose of safeguarding your or others鈥?lives, property and other major legitimate rights and interests, but it is difficult to obtain your consent.
5. personal information that you disclose to the public on your own;
6. the personal information is collected from the information that is disclosed legally and publicly, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
according to the law, sharing and transferring the personal information that 1) has been de-identified, and at the same time 2) its subject cannot be recovered or re-identified by the data receiver, do not belong to the external sharing, transferring and public disclosure of personal information. so it is no need to notify the sharing and transferring of such data to you separately for your consent.
fourhow to protect and save your personal information
(one) our technology and measures to protect your personal information
we attach great importance to personal information security, and will take all reasonable and feasible security control measures to protect your personal information.
1. we have already adopted security protection measures which are up to industry standards to protect the personal information you provide against any unauthorized access, public disclosure, usage, modification, damage or loss. we have taken all reasonable and feasible measures to protect your personal information. for example, we use the transport layer security protocol encryption technology to ensure the security of the transaction transmission process; for the stored personal information data, we have adopted the industry鈥檚 conventional strong encryption technology to encrypt and store the user鈥檚 personal information, and isolate it through isolation technology. our access to stored data will be recorded and saved by related logs, the centralized log will be collected and its integrity will be monitored, all of which ensure that log files will not be falsified; at the same time, we will periodically perform internal and external security scanning and penetration testing to ensure the security of production systems.
2. the internet is not an absolutely secure environment, and communication methods such as e-mails are not encrypted. we strongly recommend you not to send personal information through such methods. please use complex passwords to help us keep your account secure.
3. the internet environment is not 100% secure, and we will try our best to ensure or guarantee the security of any information you send to us. any damage to your legitimate rights and interests arising out of the unauthorized access, public disclosure, falsifying, or destruction of information because our physical, technical, or management protection facilities are damaged, we will bear the corresponding legal responsibilities.
4. in order to deal with the possible risks such as personal information disclosure, damage and loss, we have formulated emergency measures for personal information disclosure, classified and graded the disclosure events, and established incident reporting and corresponding disposal procedures. if the personal information security incident unfortunately occurs, we will promptly inform you, in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations, of the basic situation and possible impact of the security incident, the measures we have taken or are about to take, the suggestions that you can independently prevent and reduce risks, and the remedial measures made up for you. we will notify you of the relevant information of the incident in a timely manner by mail, letter, telephone, push notification, etc. when it is difficult to inform the personal information subjects one by one, we will issue a public announcement in a reasonable and effective way. if you find that your personal information has been leaked, please contact our customer service immediately so that we can take corresponding measures.
at the same time, we will proactively report the handling status of personal information security incidents in accordance with the requirements of regulatory authorities.
(two) how to save your personal information
we take all reasonable and feasible measures to ensure that irrelevant personal information will not be collected. we will only retain your personal information for the period required to achieve the purposes stated herein unless the retention period needs to be extended or is permitted by law.
unless otherwise required by laws and regulations, we will keep your personal information one month after the date of your account cancellation. we promise that it is the shortest period of time for keeping your personal information in shandong airline for the purpose of guaranteeing your consumer rights. when your personal information exceeds the time limit we have kept, we will delete or anonymize your personal information.
if we terminate the service or operation, we will notify you at least 30 days in advance and delete or anonymize your personal information after the termination of the service or operation.
shandong airlines attaches great importance to your personal information, and makes every effort to protect your rights to access to, correct and delete your personal information, as well as the rights to withdraw your consent, so that you have sufficient ability to protect your privacy and security. your rights include:
(one) access to and correct your personal information
except as provided by laws and regulations, you have the right to access to and correct your personal information at any time, specifically including
1. your account information:
website account information: after user login, you could view or change your personal information in 鈥淧ersonal profile鈥? including: name, gender, contact phone number, mobile phone number, birthday, certificate type, certificate number, phoenix miles card number, address, postal code, mailbox, login password, member binding; frequent passengers information can be managed, added and deleted; vouchers information and ticket orders information in the account can be viewed.
app: you can view all the personal information you submitted to shandong airlines in 鈥淢y profile鈥?under the head portrait menu in the upper right corner of the homepage. you can also update your personal information through the above channels or through customer service at 95369. you can also visit 鈥淔requently passengers鈥?and 鈥淔requently used mailing address鈥?to add, change, and delete your common information (including the name of the passenger, the information of the passenger鈥檚 certificate, the mailing address of the itinerary, etc.) at any time.
frequently passengers membership information: you can log in to the 鈥淧hoenix miles鈥?website and query all your personal information through 鈥淢y account-account management鈥? you can also 1) update other personal information except the card number, name, gender, nationality, birthday and identity card number in the member account through the above channels, 2) change your password, 3) add, change or delete your assignee information, contact information, consignee information, etc. if you intend to change the information such as name, gender, nationality, birthday, identity card number, you can call 鈥淧hoenix miles鈥?member call service center at 95583.
mileage information: you can check your mileage overview, mileage accumulation, etc. in the 鈥淢y account-mileage bill鈥?on the 鈥淧hoenix miles鈥?website, or query the mileage information through app 鈥淧hoenix miles鈥?module.
when you find that there is an error in your personal information processed by us, you have the right to ask us to make corrections or supplements. you can apply to us for correction or supplement.
2. your order information:
website: you can check the details and status of your flight ticket orders, pick-up and send-off luggage orders, prepaid luggage orders as well as cancellation orders by logging in your account in the page of 鈥淥rder management鈥?
app: you can view all your flight ticket orders, service orders, or refund history by visiting the page of 鈥淢y orders鈥?with the specific path: the head portrait in the upper right corner of the homepage-鈥淢y order鈥?
3. your browsing information:
you can clear your history through the browser you use.
5. personal information that you cannot access to or correct: in addition to the information listed above, we are unable to provide you with access and correction services for some of your personal information. the information, which is mainly used for improving your user experience and ensuring transaction security, is collected from your device or filled in by you when booking an additional service. the above information will be used within your authorized scope. you cannot access to or correct them, but you can contact us for deletion or anonymization.
if you are unable to access to the personal information through the above link, you can call shandong airlines customer service hotline at 95369 to request a response to your access request.
(two) delete your personal information
information that you can clear or delete directly from our product and/or service page
you can request us to delete personal information in the following situations:
1. if our handling of personal information violates laws and regulations;
2. if we collect and use your personal information without your consent;
3. if our handling of personal information violates our agreement with you;
4. if you cancel your shandong airlines account;
5. if we terminate services and operations.
if we decide to respond to your deletion request, we will also notify the entities that have obtained your personal information from us to delete your information in a timely manner, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations, or these entities have obtained your independent authorization. when you delete information from our service, we may not immediately delete the corresponding information from the backup system, but we will delete it when the backup is updated.
(three) change the scope of your authorization or withdraw your authorization
you can change the scope in which you authorize us to continuously collect personal information or withdraw your authorization by deleting information, turning off device functions, and making privacy settings in shandong airlines mobile terminal. you can also withdraw your full authorization to us for continuously collecting your personal information by canceling your account.
please kindly understand that every business of shandong airlines requires you to provide personal information to complete. when you withdraw your consent or authorization, we cannot continue to provide you with the services corresponding to the withdrawal of consent or authorization, nor process your corresponding personal information. however, your decision to withdraw consent or authorization will not affect the processing of personal information previously based on your authorization.
(four) account cancellation
if you intend to cancel the official website member account, please call service hotline at 95369 to apply for account cancellation.
if you intend to cancel your 鈥淶hangshangfei鈥?member account, you can apply for account cancellation directly through the app on your phone. after your cancellation, we will stop providing you with products and / or services after the cancellation process is completed. unless otherwise provided by laws and regulations, we will delete your personal information according to your requirements. your cancellation application will be processed within 15 working days.
if you intend to cancel your 鈥淧hoenix miles鈥?member account, you can log in to 鈥淧hoenix miles鈥?website and apply for account cancellation in 鈥淢y account / account management / permanently cancel account鈥? your cancellation application will be processed within 30 days.
(five) if you do not want to receive the promotional information that we send to you, you can cancel it at any time by the following methods:
1. cancellation methods
app: you can set whether to accept the promotion information that we push to you through 鈥淣otifications鈥?by setting 鈥淎pplication message notification鈥?on your phone settings;
sms: if you do not want to receive the promotional messages that we sent to you again, you can unsubscribe at any time via 鈥淭d鈥?
email: the email that we send to you may contain a link to the content of our website. if you do not want to receive such promotional information again, you can cancel at any time through the 鈥渃lick for unsubscribing鈥?link at the bottom of the email.
2. in order to protect your privacy, we will not push you promotional or commodity information related to religious beliefs, sex, diseases and other sensitive content in any way or channel.
3. to ensure security, you may need to provide a written request, or other ways to prove your identity. we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request and will make a reply within thirty days. for your reasonable request, we will not charge in principle, but for repeated requests that exceed a reasonable limit, we will charge a certain cost as appropriate. however, we may refuse requests that are unreasonably repeated, require too many technical means (for example, need to develop new systems or fundamentally change existing practices), pose risks to the legitimate rights and interests of others, or are very unrealistic.
under the following situations, we cannot respond to your request as required by laws and regulations.
(1) directly related to national security and national defense security;
(2) directly related to public security, public health, and major public interests;
(3) directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and judgment enforcement;
(4) there is sufficient evidence to show that you have subjective intent or abuse of rights;
(5) responding to your request will lead to serious damage to the legitimate rights and interests of you or other individuals and organizations.
(6) involving commercial secrets.
sixhow to update this policy
in this policy, significant changes include but are not limited to:
1. major changes to our service model, such as the purpose of processing personal information, the type of personal information processed, the way of using personal information, etc.;
2. major changes to ownership structure and organizational structure, such as the change of owner cause by business adjustment, bankruptcy mergers and acquisitions, etc.;
3. changes to the main objects of personal information sharing, transferring or public disclosure;
4. major changes to your rights of participating in personal information processing and the way you exercise it;
5. a high risk is indicated in the personal information security impact assessment report.
sevenhow to contact us